Monday, December 18, 2006

I Shoot Myself

I am now a belly shooter. Ten years ago this may have meant something fantastic, even sexy. I might have been one of those girls who lay across the pool table while some hot girl drinks tequila off my stomach. Never happened. Not once. I missed the "oat sewing" years of this life. However, this one time in Denver...wait, that's another story.

Anyway, yesterday, I discovered just how brave I really can be when I want something badly enough. So brave that I keep telling myself I can't believe I'm actually doing it.

Yesterday morning at 7:45am, I had a belly shot. My partner woke me up, prepared the needle, cleaned the belly and off I went! You see, in going through the in vitro process, this is a necessity. One shot every morning. It'll eventually be three shots every morning but I'm trying not to focus too much on that right now.

My partner thought she could be the one to shoot me but I insisted - knowing if she cause me a single ounce of pain, she'd pull back. She cries even seeing my cry at a commercial. There's no way she could stick a needle threw my skin. Plus, I travel. Typically I go to Texas every other weekend and since she won't be there with me, I had better know how to shoot myself. See? It's all working out perfectly. My hope is to keep this quiet, as long as I don't get too cranky. If that happens, it'll be a sure giveaway. That's not to say that I'm generally an angel but, you know, people can tell when I'm bugged and have tears screaming down my face and my partner cringes every time I look at her.

No worries. So far, so good.