Thursday, December 14, 2006

The New Old Fashion Way

I should mention that I'm about to go through invitro. My partner and I have talked about it for a while and we've decided to take the chance. I know, without putting it out to the universe, that it's a long shot. And even then, I've agreed to try twice should it not work the first time. For many reasons, it seems crazy. It's financially consuming. It's emotionally draining. But in the end, if a baby is between us and I had the chance to carry, it'll be worth it.

We've contemplated adoption. We both love the idea of bringing home a child who "needs" a family. I'm not sure where that comes from. :) My stepson talks about wanting a brother who's already old enough to play. There's an entry for the "pro" side. We'll continue to explore that but only after we try "the new-old fashion way" first.

So! Today I'm picking up Lupron. Sunday I'll begin self-injections (knowing my beautiful partner would never be okay with subjecting me to pain) and by next week, I will surely be crying every single day. I'm scared and excited and I feel brave at the same time. I'm not usually one to take such risks. & even though I'm sure I have far too much (not admitted to) stress in my life, I feel like it's the right time for us to add to our family. We're certainly not getting any younger...