Friday, December 28, 2007

Rubbing it in...

It's our 2nd day here and I'm still in "rest mode". Loving every single minute.


We got here terribly early yesterday morning. 7am, to be exact. Jet Blue has that wonderful timing thing going on. Luckily our friends have a 4 year old that wakes them before then so we drove to Irvine and had breakfast in Laguna - the finest fresh squeezed orange juice I've had since I was here last. ah...fresh fruit.

We drove the 1 all the way up to the strawberry fields - only strawberries aren't in season so we settled for avocados and a tomato. I should've bought those lillie's. Damn. Malibu was burned all the way to the freeway and that was kind of odd to see. It's one of the most beautiful places on earth and it's sad to think what people lost here just a few months ago. Also, we saw this hill of sand that people were using boxes to sled down. For a minute I thought, "I bet these people wish they had snow" but who am I kidding? No one likes snow for more than a week or so. :)

But don't be too jealous yet, Utah bloggers. It's cold here. I don't think it's been more than 50 degrees and we have been mooching sweaters and socks to stay warm. Cristy brought shorts. I know, go ahead and laugh at her. I told her it wasn't April but she didn't believe me.
I think I slept 11 hours last night. I'm not even kidding. It's amazing what life looks like when you have nothing to think about. I've been sticking to my "stay in pajamas" as much as possible.
We've had some great food and wine since getting here and there's more to come. And we went to a movie today called Juno. If you haven't seen it, you must. I had popcorn and milkduds. You might not care about that but I'm trying to make you understand that I'm on VACATION! I'm eating and drinking like a girl who doesn't have twenty-five pounds to lose - it's fabulous. A glass of wine, pasta, a cocktail, a snowball dessert with coconut on top...let it never end.
Tomorrow we head to Santa Barbara and then back here again for New Year's Eve. I'll be rubbing it in as I go.
And just to remind you - only three more days to let all the bad stuff from 2007 go. We're starting anew, right? Pile it up - we'll burn it, erase it and shake it off on Monday night. anew...