Monday, June 4, 2007

Post Pride

Wow! What a weekend! Proof that living in Utah as a lbgt person is not as bad as some of you may think.

I watched the news last night (& I saw you, Trista!) and they said there were over 40 THOUSAND people watching the Pride Parade! Amazing! & I think there were 30 THOUSAND tickets sold for the Pride Festival. Incredible! It was a wonderful success and we all had a great time.

Our best girls were in charge of bringing some great music and they also had cold water and air conditioning! Thank God! Possibly life saving for an over medicated girl :)

I work for a non-profit here in SLC and we had over 80 people march with us. Lots of allies and lots of children! It was wonderful! Yeager marched with his cousins along the side of the car and had a great time. Cristy insisted I ride IN the car so I had a beautiful view of everyone! I got a bit teary at the end - hormonal or prideful? Who cares!

Speaking of hormones...we're on the downside of our tww. Friday we'll do the beta test and I'm trying not to get too crazy about it. I don't feel anything. I don't feel different. I'm trying not to think that that means anything. I know we'll be okay (and try again) if it doesn't work but come on! We'll be ELATED if/when it does!

Isn't it crazy when you're trying to conceive and Everything reminds you of it? Every commercial is about home pregnancy tests! Everyone that walks by your house has a new baby in their stroller. Every time you go to a restaurant, you sit right next to the only pregnant woman in there. What is that about? I don't know if I'm just attracting it to keep focused or if the world is just rubbing it in my face. Either way, all those babies and all those pregnant women are beautiful - I just want to be part of it!!

Happy Monday!