Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I'm a Wreck!

Phone call 9am.
She's back. They're back.
They spoke at their church on Sunday.

My daughter is in this city.

Truthfully, I've wished it. Be careful what you wish for. I've prayed that they would come back here because now I have no way of knowing they're okay. Here, they have family that will make sure they're cared for.

I have such mixed feelings around it. Part of me is scared to death of being obsessive and wanting to see her every minute. Was it easier for me knowing I wouldn't run into her? If I did, and she was whisked away, how would I react? The other part of me is relieved, knowing that they'll be safe here and if the mother of her has any health problems, (which she does) Gracie won't end up with strangers or alone or scared. They have people here who know and love them.

But I know and love them too. Which makes me wish over and over that there could be some small little chance that she'll be home sooner than I thought. I realize it's a long shot but I'll never stop wishing it.

Why would I? Seems like some wishes come true.