Monday, September 3, 2007

Happy Labor Day!


Labor day means an extra day off for me. I'm wondering if it came from somewhere or if I should be doing something specific to celebrate. Rest? Work? I don't really understand it. If you know, chime in & make me look bad. I love that. :)

I hope you all had a restful, long weekend. We did. In fact, ours began last Thursday but I was so tired that all I was good for was a little help with homework and a lot of Sleep. The rest of it went flawlessly though. Lots of family time, friend time and Us time. Perfect.

Saturday night, & every Labor Day, my parents host a Cowboy Poetry night at our cabin. Everyone has to dress up like cowboys and read a poem or sing a song or dance a dance. You get it. This year was no exception and we had a great time. Cristy and I sing a song to the tune of "Beverly Hillbilli*s" every year. This is us in our cowgirl gear on the back deck. I think we took first place. We rocked!!



The kids were adorable. It's been a while since I've seen my big family and a few of them were curious about Gracie and how I was doing & what I knew of her. She was missed there. Everywhere. Yeager has a family tradition with his other family this weekend so he wasn't there either. We were kid free. Some times that's good but not this weekend. They both would've loved every minute of it.


All the cowboys and cowgirls. Brookie, Annie, Tana, Broc, Salomon, Coby & Preston.

Me and my favorite first nephew, Broc.

My brother, pretending to look loaded, and his adorable children.



Our cabin looks over a lake called Rockport. The views are stunning. The sunsets are incredible and the stars could make any night magic. We don't get up there as often as we'd like but every weekend we go up, we promise to go more. Here are a few pics of what we saw all weekend.



View from the back deck.




Cristy, in our bedroom.

The sunset down the hill.

The deer come right up on the deck. They'll eat out of your hands. This is my brother playing ... The Deer Whisperer...

The most handsome man I could find up there. :)

It was nice to get away and spend some time where life is easy. We have such amazing canyons in this State. The leaves are already changing so if you live here, get up there in the next couple of weeks to see the colors.

We will.