Thursday, September 20, 2007

I'm Stunned.



I refreshed my email today at 2:13PM. There she was. Is. The mother of her, sitting in my inbox. After all this time and all these blogs, she finally comments. She asked that I please remove Gray’s pictures to protect her privacy and then sent me the following info on how she is and what she’s doing. Because you've all been right here with me, I wanted to share it with you.

"Just so you know she’s doing great. She had her first dance recital and of course she ate up every second of it. She started kindergarten and the uniform is the cutest thing I have ever seen, particularly with her in it. She’s taking horseback-riding lessons and much to our surprise, she’s great at it. She loves church more than ever, and has even helped lead kids worship a few times. And of course SeaWorld has officially been done (and re-done and over-done) this summer---Shamu says “HI!”

God Bless you & yours,"



I think I held my breath while reading it. & then I re-read it and imagined Gray through every word. She had her first dance recital! She’s taking horse back riding lessons! My little girl has lead worship! I’m certain she’s the belle of the ball, the star of the show and the strictest of song leaders! I think of her and how happy she is and, while I miss her more than the stars, I’m smiling. I'm missing so much of her and through these few words, I find miracles. Just the miracle of knowing anything.

I will remove her pictures. And know now for certain that she’s reading here. And hope & pray that somehow that gives her a path to me, ...in case you ever, ever have a change of heart.




Ever.