Monday, April 2, 2007

& on the Third Day...

We're winding down to Easter. It's this Sunday for those of you who still need to buy your vinegar and dye kits. I try not to get too Jesus crazy on this blog but I thought it would be a good time to mention some things.

Every year, though not Catholic, my partner and I give something(s) up for Lent. Her main reason, I found out recently, is that she can't possible commit to something like a New Years Resolution because that would have to last 365 days and who can live that long without chocolate? Lent, however, is only forty days and you actually get some heaven points for the sacrifice. Lent wins. In our house, it's all about Jesus.

Our son has two homes - four moms - two bedrooms - two dogs...you get the picture. He loves "telling on" each house when he's away from it but my favorite is this, "at house it's 'play, play, play - do whatever I want' but at house it's 'all hail to Jesus!'" I laugh every time I replay him saying that in my head. Everything he "tells on" is an exaggeration but it's funny none the less. He hears different music at our house. He attends church and has us often explain how we're not Mormon like the kids at school. When he want to tease us he'll say, "it's always about Equality with you two!" I wonder what kind of activist we're creating both human rights and spiritual.

Anyway, back to Easter. We will celebrate this weekend with family by hiding eggs & finding baskets and hoping that somewhere during it all, we'll also celebrate the life we've been given through the sacrifice and rising of Jesus.


Easter

What came first, the chicken or the egg?
What is this day all about?
Hiding eggs for kids to route?
Cakes & cookies shaped like lambs
Pink Chapeau's or Pink Madams

That's not what this day is all about!
Who got buried, then got out?
Leaving no one ANY doubt.
"He has Risen!", hear them shout!

That's what this day is all about.